This curated list includes important digital marketing updates and insights from the month of December. To stay updated on the latest updates from the digital landscape, read our Digital Marketing Apple Page.
- LinkedIn tests Stories Ads. Read more here
- Discovery ads now offer two new immersive layouts to help you spark consumer interest across Discover, YouTube, and Gmail, plus a revamped audience workflow that makes it even easier to connect with the right shoppers as they scroll for holiday inspiration. Read more here
- Google makes App campaigns for engagement available to all eligible advertisers globally to help them reach their users with relevant ads on Google Search, Play, YouTube and over 1 million apps in our network. Read more here
- Google introduces Google Ads Editor v1.5. The announcement read
You can now check your ad strength in Google Ads Editor, making it easier for you to optimize your responsive search ads at scale. In addition, you can also review your ad strength in a new column in line with your ads.
To help you improve your campaigns’ performance at scale, we’re adding support for six additional recommendation types. These include ways to help improve your responsive search ads, adopt Target ROAS bidding, and more.
Editor now supports image extensions. This makes it easy for you to expand your ad with additional information like call buttons, location information, website links, and more.
- Google Ads makes it easier to see your campaign goals in optimization score. Read more here
- Explanations expands to Target CPA campaigns on Google Search. Read more here
- Video ad length is not a proxy for ad effectiveness. Today, both :06 and :15 second ads can drive persuasion metrics. Planning should be based on more than ad length alone. Download report here
- Google makes the estimated list size available directly in the Audience Manager in Google Ads. Read more here
- Mixed campaigns are rolling out to all Microsoft Advertising users. Read more here
- Microsoft Advertising: UET can now retain data for up to 390 days/13 months (up from 180 days). Read more here
- Share of Voice now available for the Microsoft Audience Network. Read more here
- Twitter says frequency caps will be available within ad group details for our Reach, Engagement, Video Views, and Pre-Roll Views objectives by default. Read more here
- Google pilots a search feature that aggregates short-form videos from TikTok and Instagram. Read more here
- Google working on an AR-powered cosmetics try-on experience on Google Search. Read more here
- Google shares insights on top searched terms of 2020. Read more here
- Microsoft announces the integration of Microsoft Clarity and Bing Webmaster Tools. Read more here
- Google announces updates to the Google Search Console API. Read more here
- 'Request Indexing' is back to the Google Search Console URL Inspection.
We're glad to announce that 'Request Indexing' is back to the Google Search Console URL Inspection - just in time for the new year!
— Google Search Central (@googlesearchc) December 22, 2020
- WhatsApp brings carts to make buying and selling even easier. Read more here
- Facebook testing a new feature within its Creator Studio dashboard which would provide a calendar overview of your Instagram post activity: Report. Read more here
- LinkedIn introduces LinkedIn Product Pages. The announcement read
With Product Pages you can spotlight product endorsements and testimonials by your users, gather ratings and reviews from current users, and generate leads with a custom call-to-action button, such as a demo request or contact sales form. In the new “Products” Tab, you can add new products you want to feature and include rich media like videos or product screenshots, descriptions and more.
- Instagram is adding some new additions to your creative options in both Reels and Stories: Report. Read more here
- Facebook makes it easier for dealers of all sizes to list, manage and promote their vehicle inventory across Facebook’s apps and services. Read more here
- Instagram launches its first shoppable Christmas catalogue in the UK. Read more here
- Facebook expands Brand Collabs Manager to include eligible Public Groups so that they will be able to partner with brands and monetize their engaged communities. Read more here
- Facebook publishes the sixth Global State of Small Business Report, and the last of 2020. It shows that business conditions have improved since the first survey, but not everywhere, and not for all small businesses. A substantial number remain closed and a majority continue to report reduced sales and employment, even as the economy as a whole shows signs of improvement. Read more here
- Facebook says Messenger Desktop will begin to be upgraded to include features developed specifically for desktop, including AR effects, filters, and immersive 360-degree backgrounds. Read more here
- Facebook says their free plan, Workplace Essential, will cease to be available from February 10, 2021. Read more here
- Twitter has launched an early beta version of its audio Spaces feature.
aye we’re live! what up y’all, we're the team behind Spaces––a small experiment focused on the intimacy of the human voice
— Spaces (@TwitterSpaces) December 17, 2020
- Instagram's 'Recent' tab has been re-added for the US users.
As we near the U.S. elections, we’re making changes to make it harder for people to come across possible misinformation on Instagram.
— Instagram Comms (@InstagramComms) October 29, 2020
- Twitter announces that iOS users will now be able to add tweets directly into their Snapchat snaps,
Sharing Tweets directly to your Snapchat Stories is now easier than ever. Rolling out today on iOS! pic.twitter.com/0LIHQhmCKu
— Twitter (@Twitter) December 10, 2020