This curated list includes important digital marketing updates and insights from the month of July. To stay updated on the latest updates from the digital landscape, read our Digital Marketing Apple Page.
- Facebook explains how ad targeting works. The blog post read
In the past, “Why am I seeing this ad?” highlighted one or two of the most relevant reasons, such as demographic information or that you may have visited a website. Now, you’ll see more detailed targeting, including the interests or categories that matched you with a specific ad. It will also be clearer where that information came from (e.g. the website you may have visited or Page you may have liked), and we’ll highlight controls you can use to easily adjust your experience.
2. Facebook brings changes to text and aspect ratios on Mobile News Feed. The announcement read
Fewer lines of primary text will show on mobile News Feed. Now only 3 lines of primary text will show on Facebook mobile News Feed, after which people will be prompted to click to view additional text.
Maximum media height for photos and videos will reduce to 4:5 on mobile News Feed. The tallest supported aspect ratio for images without links and for videos is now vertical (4:5). Media taller than 4:5 will be masked on Facebook mobile News Feed.
3. Facebook is reinstalling reach estimates for Custom Audiences - a tool that lets advertisers to estimate audience size for their Custom Audience campaigns. Read more here
4. LinkedIn adds three new features to its Campaign Manager advertising platform. The announcement read
Our latest version of Campaign Manager is the next step in our effort to give you the tools you need to create campaigns and measure their impact. These new objectives include:
Brand awareness: You can now increase share-of-voice for your product or services through top of funnel campaigns that charge by impressions (e.g. cost per thousand or CPM).
Website conversions: We’ve built a tighter integration with our conversion tracking tool so you can create campaigns that are optimized for specific actions on your website, like purchases, downloads or event registrations.
Job applicants: LinkedIn Talent Solutions customers who are trying to drive applications on LinkedIn or their own site, can now create ads using Campaign Manager.
5. Microsoft Advertising: Dynamic Search Ads (DSA) now include support for an additional description field and longer dynamically generated ad titles. Read more here
6. Microsoft Advertising: Experiments is rolling out globally for testing ad copy, landing pages and bidding strategies and modifiers. Read more here
1. Pinterest rolls out video features for creators and businesses to reach their audiences including an improved uploader, video tab, lifetime analytics, and Pin scheduling. Read more here
2. LinkedIn introduces features to help SMBs promote their service offerings. The announcement read
That’s why we are rolling out the ability for you to share what services you provide right on your profile. This is a great way to quickly indicate to members that you are “open for business.” So you provide marketing services? Share this on your profile so other members can reach out to learn more about your work and available services.
3. Instagram is now hiding photo 'like' counts in 7 countries. It's a test feature. Read more here
4. Instagram starts rolling out an AI-powered anti-bullying feature. Read more here
5. Indian influencers have the third-highest number of fake followers in the world. The report found that 16 million Indian Instagram accounts are fake.
6. TikTok tests an Instagram-style grid and other changes. Read more here
7. Pinterest Adds a Shopping Section to its Home Feed. Read more here
8. YouTube creates new opportunities for creators. The announcement read
We’re introducing Super Stickers. This new feature will allow fans to purchase animated stickers during live streams and Premieres to show their favorite creators just how much they enjoy their content.
Today, we’re adding one of the most-requested features: membership levels. With levels, creators can now set up to five different price points for channel memberships, each with varying perks.
8. Twitter brings out a new format for follower notifications.
Just got a new follower? Starting today, we’ll show their profile in your notifications. Wanna follow them back? Just tap that follow back, girl. pic.twitter.com/VlFTiV15ea
— Twitter (@Twitter) July 16, 2019
9. Twitter tests a new Hide Replies feature.
We’re testing a feature to hide replies from conversations. This experience will be available for everyone around the world, but at this time, only people in Canada can hide replies to their Tweets.
We want to know what you think. Please Tweet us your feedback and questions! https://t.co/H7iMtEhCUP
— Twitter Support (@TwitterSupport) July 17, 2019
10. Instagram rolls out new chat sticker in Stories.
Introducing the new chat sticker in Stories. Now, there's an easy way to start conversations with a group of friends right from your story. pic.twitter.com/A1An7d9TjJ
— Instagram (@instagram) July 2, 2019
Want to add more to the list? Drop us a comment.